A good acne skin care routine is so important for acne-prone skin. A daily skin care regimen is a must as it helps remove excess oil, keeps pores clear, and speeds healing of breakouts.
Here it is! The third installment on my series of reviews, swatches and tutorials on the Belle’s Beauty and Glitz Cosmetics eyeshadow palettes. This one is the 35F – a palette containing 35 beautiful and versatile shades. There are seven highly pigmented matte shades and 28 shimmer shades. This palette is right up […]
Hi loves! Today I’m sharing a couple of my latest natural nail manicures. I have totally been embracing my natural nails over the past week and allowing my nails to have a break from gel. I typically love a square shape for my nails, but I have changed it up a bit this week. I […]
Balinese Massage is a full-body, deep-tissue, holistic treatment. Balinese massage uses a combination of gentle stretches, acupressure, reflexology, and aromatherapy to stimulate the flow of blood, oxygen and energy around your body, and bring a sense of wellbeing, calm and deep relaxation.
The Balinese massage is a full-body treatment, ideal for those who want to take care of their body from scalp to foot. During the treatment patients must lay on a professional massage couch; they are then gently massaged with scented oil chosen according to their preferences and type of skin. The body parts that haven’t been massaged and those already massaged are covered with a cloth not to create temperature leaps. This technique includes gentle and relaxing strokes as well as vigorous pressure-point stimulations.
The benefits of Balinese massage include:
- Relief from symptoms related to allergies
- Relieves the mental effects of stress and anxiety
- Repairs damaged muscles and tissues
- Soothes joint pains
- Can help with sleep disorder
Indian head massage focuses on your head, neck and shoulders. It is a deep massage, which uses a variety of pressure and techniques that tap into your seven “‘chakras” or paths of energy and encourage healing and balance in your whole body.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage:
- Increases blood supply to scalp, head and neck, bringing fresh oxygen and nutrients to encourage healing.
- Increases nourishment and oxygen to the hair follicle, therefore promoting strong healthy shiny hair and hair growth.
- Aids joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders.
- Reduces or prevent adhesions as traumatised muscle tissue heals.
- Relieves muscular pain, stiffness and tension by relaxing the muscles and removing toxins in the face, scalp, neck, upper back, shoulders and arms.
- Improves muscle tone.
- Relieves mental fatigue.
- Stimulates and improves lymphatic drainage and blood flow to the neck thus helping to remove waste products from the body.
- Stimulates and improves the circulatory system.
- Relieves eye strain, tension headaches, nasal congestion and jaw-ache.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Alleviates stress, anxiety, lethargy and mild depression.
- Aids greater creativity, clarity of thought, increasing alertness and improving concentration.
- Aids insomnia and gives a more restful, refreshing sleep.
- Brings about a sense of tranquility, calmness and positive well being.
- Helps clearer thinking by increasing alertness.
- Gives a feeling of balance.
- Increases self-esteem and self worth.
- Deeper, calmer breathing.
- Re-balances the energy flow to the body.
- Releases stagnant energy from the body.
- Revitalizes the person and the body.
Sports Massage is a form of bodywork geared toward participants in athletics. It is used to help prevent injuries, to prepare the body for athletic activity and maintain it in optimal condition, and to help athletes recover from workouts and injuries.
Benefits of sport massage:
- Increases the effectiveness of recovery from heavy training.
- Our experienced hands can identify your specific areas of vulnerability for you to focus on (e.g. mobility, flexibility or strength),
- Allows you put hard training days in back to back.
- It is important in preventing injuries and catching issues early applies to everyone not just the elite athlete.
- Helps with posture pain and reducing it.
- Creates a feeling of well-being in the body.
This is the most common form of massage and can be quite deep and like all therapies is very much client-led. The specific strokes and manipulations of Swedish Massage have definite therapeutic benefits. The aim of this type of massage is to speed the venous return of un-oxygenated blood and toxins from the extremities.
Swedish Massage shortens recovery time from muscular strain by flushing the tissues of lactic acid, uric acid and other metabolic wastes. It increases circulation without increasing heart load. It stretches the ligaments and tendons keeping them supple and pliable. Sessions normally finish off with a series of stimulating movements. This massage can be invigorating and shows great results. Recommended for relaxation, tension relief, backache and stiff or aching muscles – a great tonic for all the systems in the body.
- Loosens tight muscles and stretches connective tissues
- Relieves cramps and muscle spasms and decreases muscle fatigue
- Loosens joints and improves range of motion
- Increases muscle strength
- Calms the nervous system
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Firms up muscle and skin tone
- Relieves symptoms of such disorders asasthma , arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome , chronic and acute pain syndromes, myofacial pain, headache , temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction, and athletic injuries
- Speeds up healing from injury and illness
- Improveslymphatic drainage of metabolic wastes
- Mental relaxation
- Improves length and quality of sleep
- Relieve of stress,depression, anxiety and irritation
- Increases ability to concentrate
- Improves sense of well-being
Hot Stone Massage is a special massage where the therapist uses smooth, heated stones as an extension of their own hands by placing them on the body. The heat can be both deeply relaxing and help warm up tight muscles so the therapist can work more deeply, more quickly.
Benefits of Hot Stone Massage are as follows:
- Helps relieve muscle tension and pain
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Promotes sleep
- May help relieve symptoms of autoimmune diseases
- May help decrease cancer symptoms.
- May boost immunity
Henna also refers to the dye prepared from the plant and the temporary body art (staining) based on those dyes. Henna has been used since antiquity to dye skin, hair and fingernails, as well as fabrics including silk, wool and leather.
The Henna tradition dates back to 9000 years. It was used as cosmetics in Egypt and is popular all over the world today.
Call today to book your appointment.